Sunday, August 15, 2010

Summer Days

Jacob has been here for 3 weeks already. It is really hard to believe. He is such a wonderful boy. His sleeping habits haven't stayed as nice as the first week but he still is great. I have started giving him a few naps in his crib. Most of the time he just naps in his bouncy. I try to keep the noise level of the house constant so he can sleep through anything. So far it has worked, I vacuumed in his room during his nap and he didn't budge. Yes, we had his hearing checked at the hospital and he can hear. I won't tell the boys to quiet down unless they go into his room screaming. Otherwise, they can act normally during nap time. We have always tried to teach the boys to sleep through noise. I happen to be a very light sleeper and it is a huge annoyance.

We got out and had some fun in the last few weeks of summer. Alex hasn't gotten to ride his bike much due to the overwhelming heat and humidity. It hasn't been so bad lately so I took him out while I went for a walk.
We met up with Jonathan and Adam to play at the park for a bit. Jonathan loves plants and bugs and basically anything he can find that is small. He is really quite amazing at finding small pieces of junk and then, of course, bringing it home.
Alex and Adam played some tennis. I got to play a little while, however my racket just up and cracked in the middle of playing. Weird.
Jonathan showing of the spiral fireman's pole.
These boys play hard and they can also zone out hard. The boys love watching Adam play Super Mario Brothers on the Wii.
I think Jonathan likes his baby.
This face has got to be one of the cutest I have ever seen. Jacob really has started to smile at us. It happened so soon and I think that was the best for the boys to get used to him. Of course, now they want to teach him to talk, crawl and walk.

No comments: