Sunday, September 12, 2010

Yay! I am a soccer mom....almost.

The day after we returned from Rhode Island was Alex's first soccer game. He did excellent at his first practice the week before and although he was a little nervous he was ready to go.
Here are some quick shots of him warming up.
He was looking really good.
Then he got hit in the stomach with a ball. Game over. He wouldn't budge from the sideline the whole game. He was across the field from us and just kept raising his hand and gesturing for us to come get him.
So superhero Jonathan just hung out. My parents were still there so they sat and cheered on the team. I was pretty peeved and it was all my fault. I had totally psyched myself up and was rather disappointed. I did get over it once Alex started to show enthusiasm the next practice. He said he would hit himself in the stomach more to toughen up. He was out there running right when practice started.

No comments: