Sunday, September 4, 2011

First Day of Homeschool


We started Alex's first official day of Homeschooling. Although he has been doing quite a bit already, this year is the first year where we have to submit our curriculum to the superintendent and gain approval. 

Alex worked hard all day. We did some spelling, and learned some cursive. 

He started doing some silent reading time. We got this big blue chair for him last year and now he uses it every single day. 


He loves it.

Jacob helped out some. 

Our first project was a time line of Alex's life. He decided to use birthday party pictures. It really turned out cute. 

The next project was an archaeological dig. I basically buried some toys and utensils and the boys dug them up.

Jonathan got to help out on this one.




I think we would have done more except that I was being eaten alive by mosquitoes. For some reason they love me way too much. None of the boys got bitten but I had about a dozen after this adventure.

No comments: