Monday, July 26, 2010

Going Home to Big Brothers!


Taking home each of our sons from the hospital has been completely unique experiences.

With Alex my mom was at our house waiting to take care of me. Adam and I were tremendously nervous and we drove home very slow. I cautiously moved around, not used to the after pain of delivering a baby. And of course, we struggled to get Alex to eat.

Jonathan was entirely different. He was born at 10:30pm and we left the hospital at 8am the next morning. Taking a cab home, in which I climbed into the back and secured the car seat not really caring about the after labor pains anymore. My mom was with us and when we arrived home Adam had to leave immediately to go pick up Alex.

With Jacob, we stayed in the hospital 36 hours and left nearly against medical advice. Jacob kept gagging up mucus and the nurse was concerned, however, the pediatrician wasn't so we were excused. Which was nice, seeing as I was bored to tears in the hospital. The boys were with my mom at our home and weren't expecting us until the following day. They were very surprised and immediately began behaving like monsters. Luckily, that calmed down within a day or two.

Adam had to go back to work when Jacob was only 2 days old. It was a good thing my mom was there or I think I would have died. I still over did it but she was there to pick up the pieces when I just couldn't handle it anymore.
Jacob had some bilirubin issues so he got a few sun baths.
Isn't he cute in the bouncy we used for both of our other boys.
Adam had him learning how to veg early.


The first few days were surprisingly easy. Jacob sleeps most of the time and I actually have to wake him up for midnight feedings. I am sure it won't last but I am sure enjoying it.

No comments: