Saturday, July 24, 2010

Welcome Baby Jacob Austin!

Today we welcomed our third son Jacob Austin into the world.

Last weekend my mom decided to drive to our place on Wednesday rather then Saturday. We had loaned her our car so she had more freedom when she left and boy are we happy we did. On Friday, after a girls afternoon out with my mom and a yummy Chili's dinner early labor started at 8:30. At first, we weren't taking it very seriously but within an hour we decided it was time to call in the babysitter and get all packed up. Adam and I spent 30 minutes rearranging the car. I might be the only woman in labor ever to climb into the third row of a mini van and install a car seat all while have severe contractions. Baby Jacob was 3 days early so we weren't quite ready. The car seat were the last project and we just kept putting it off. By 10:45pm the babysitter arrived and we made our way into the hospital. I was so lucky that when we arrived I was already 5 cm. My epidural was in place in just over an hour and boy howdy was that nice. When it came time to push the nurse actually told me not to at all until the doctor arrived. 2 or 3 contractions later out popped Jacob right into my moms arms. She caught all 3 of my boys and that was the best part of any of it. All the nurses were in shock that this particular doctor let her do anything, but really she did just about everything. Even holding him while he was suctioned and Adam cut the cord. Jacob spent some time on my tummy but the proceeded to take a huge dump all over me. Although, it was hard to give him up I thought getting cleaned up might be a good idea.
He weighed in at 7 lbs 11 oz, just like big brother Alex. He is 21 inches. I can't remember what the other boys were so I will have to look that one up. Here are some pics of the first hours.


When I was finally transferred into my room I got him all ready for his big brothers to visit.
Of course, right when they arrive he had another big diaper so the boys got to watch me do my first changing.
Then they took turns holding their new baby brother.




Somehow, my mom was able to capture this amazing first family photo. I have to admit we are beautiful.

We feel so complete and I can't wait to see how our lives go from here. Right now I just want to get through the next few nights, but I am very excited to see how the boys interact with Jacob and what all Jacob learns from the boys. I will try to get more pics up soon. We should be going home Monday morning.

6 comments:

The Blanchard Family said...

What a beautiful family!! I love the shirts. ;) It sounds like it wasn't too rough going (except the carseat - yikes!) and I can't wait to hear more someday soon. Call us when you get all settled in at home! We're so happy for you! Welcome to the world baby Jacob and Happy Birthday!!

GFM Boston said...

YEA!!!!! Early babies we love'm!!!!! He is adorable. I can't wait to talk with you, but the connection is horrible!!! Welcome to the world little Jacob. I hope I can meet you soon!!

Love,
The Giles Family

Barbara said...

Congratulations to all the big and little Glessers. Wonderful news and glad to know everyone is happy and healthy.

Debbie Carriere said...

Congratulations to everyone!!! I am so happy for you, & Jacob is so beautiful:)

Jamie Cotter said...

Congratulations! He's so sweet. I love all the boys' shirts.

Unknown said...

I love this picture.